Climbing in Val Bodengo
CLIMBING at the « Placche del Boggia »
also called « Paradis di Can »
The main climbing place is really special here in Val Bodengo, like all the other sports in this valley.
First, to start, you’ll have to go down instead of climbing… really, because the top of the fantastic wall of “Paradis di Can” reaches the valley road, so you have to do 5 rappels down with 50 meters ropes. Before rappelling verify to choose the right route depending on your training and experience. The easiest route is 5b/c maximum. Climb is on slab and also on good holds and nice holes like in Verdon, but here the rock is much more solid !
Before starting to climb you may meet some canyoneers in this section of the canyon called “Bodengo 3”, don’t follow them without complete equipment and a very good canyoning experience!
Routes are equipped with stainless steel bolts on all the routes. Bring 10 express, 2 ropes of 50 meters and climbing gear. The wall is exposed fully to the South, don’t climb in the hottest hours; spring and autumns are also very good seasons.
To reach the wall from Trattoria Dunadiv follow the main road for 1 km to reach a small chapel, here the road turns the right to follow the canyon and the valley, go on 400 meters until you find where the road is excavated from the rock, here you’ll find the belays under the road near some trees. Park 150 meters behind in the large park.
For more information about the valley walls you can find a specific guidebook or some drawings at the Trattoria Dunadiv.
Mountain Bike Tours
In Val Bodengo, for the bikers, these are the possibilities :
1) Gordona – Donadivo 4 km, Elevation gain 470 m.
Possible in M. Bike and normal bike.
2) Donadivo – Corte Seconda 11 km, Elevation gain 640 m.
With road bike only to Bodengo village.
3) Donadivo – Orlo – Cermine 5 km., Elevation gain 600 m.
Only M. Bike !
The downhill trail is on this map.
The trails of Val Bodengo
There are multiple possibilities in the valley and in the side valleys.
Trails are marked and lenghts are suitable for beginners or expert hikers.
Here are the main trails:
1) Donadivo – Orlo – Pra l’Oste – Barzena 3 h. Elevation 600 m. Pont Secret, excellent !
2) Orlo – Rifugio Lavorerio 1856 m, 3h, for the hut key ask in Gordona. Trail D7.
3) Monte Garzelli – Alpe Campo 2 h. Elevation 680 m. Trail D12.
4) Bodengo – Corte 1° 2 h – Passo della Crocetta 1 h 50 min. Elevation 1.171 m. Trail D8.
5) Bodengo – Corte 1° 2 h – Bocchetta del Notaro 1 h 50 min. Elevation 1.068 m.
6) Bedolina – A. Borlasca 1 h e 50 min – Alpe Campo 1 h – Biv. Petacchi 2248 m 2 h - Alpe Campo – M. Cucco - Alpe Dosso – Bodengo 3 h. Totale 8-9 h. Elevation 1.320 m. Trail D12, and variants.
7) Bodengo – Alpe Piazza – Forcella di Strem 3 h 50 min – Alpe Lavorerio – Orlo – Donadivo 3 h. Totale 7-8 h. Elevation 1.300 m. Trail D9 e D7.
8) Donadivo – Alpe Cima 3 h, A. Cima – Alpe Ala 1 h 50 min, A. Ala – Forcella di Strem 1 h – F. Strem - Bodengo 2 h. Totale 8 - 10 h. Elevation 1.700 m. Trail D6 e D9.
Download the 3D map of Val Bodengo (2 MB)/pdf